I Like It Dirty, Episode 18: Music and travel have always sat closely in my soul. The openness of travel - connecting with new people, getting absorbed in new culture, living deeply in the moment - has sealed strong emotional ties with the soundtracks that cloaked my journeys. (see below for some of my place-sound connections).
Visiting China and Shanghai for the first time, it was a pleasure to not only observe all the newness with a private score but to be able to create a musical experience for a party full of welcoming, happy, smiling, dancing, dirty music lovers.
In this set, you’ll find tracks that reflect my perspective (Long Way from Home), the culture that I was looking to experience (China House), some stuff at the intersection (I See the Future) and just a bunch of good, fun, dirty beats.. I’m releasing my Shanghai set into two episodes so stay tuned for the second half coming soon!
For all the latest from DJ Dane, visit www.facebook.com/DJDaneMusic and subscribe to the I Like It Dirty Podcast on iTunes itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-lik…ctro/id416508227
1) Midnight Club (Remix) - Bass Addicts
2) I Wanna Dance With Somebody (The Cube Guys Mix) - Barbara Tucker, The Cube Guys
3) No More Conversations - Freeform Five
4) Long Way From Home (Original Mix) - Sultan, Ned Shepard, Fedde Le Grand
5) Maps (Elite Force Re-Fix) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6) Throwback (Original Mix) - DJ Fixx
7) Another Day (Original Mix) - PuRe SX, Mutantbreakz
8) China House feat. Jasmine Li (Original Mix) - Damien Kay
9) I See The Future (Original Mix) - Agent K
10) Soul On Fire (Original Mix) - Electric Soulside
11) Smack - DJ Blaqstarr
12) Fuck Me (I’m Famous) (Original Mix) - Kuplay
Some of My Place-Sound Connections:
- Australia - Ben Harper & Red Hot Chili Peppers
- New Zealand - Paul Simon
- South Africa - Air (Moon Safari)
- Brasil - Bossanova (Baden Powell, Cassia Eller)